← WoW Lua
Programming references[edit | edit source]
The following are places to look for information on the Lua language itself. For these it helps if you are already familiar with programming in general.
- Official Reference Manual - Contains Lua syntax and basic commands, but is a heavy, highly-technical read for those without a programming background. See Luai for and alternative way of browsing the manual.
- lua-users - A Lua user group with a Wiki. Includes a FAQ, tutorials and extended help on many topics. The group also hosts a mailing list with past archive, and a IRC channel #lua at irc.freenode.net. Their LuaLinks page is very extensive.
Lua Editors[edit | edit source]
While any text editor can edit Lua files, many contain additional programming or even Lua specific features.
See Lua editors
Using Lua for WoW[edit | edit source]
Related projects include:
- WoWBench - Aims to be a near-complete emulation of the WoW environment.
- Lua 5.1.1 WoW - Distribution created by cogwheel that includes everything needed for addon development
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Lua variable scoping - Guide for Lua scoping rules
- Lua functions - Functions available in the World of Warcraft API
- User defined functions - Useful functions written by addon authors
- Lua file - File format for a Lua file in a WoW AddOn
- Lua object memory sizes - Treatise on memory in Lua
- World of Warcraft API - Lists global API functions provided in WoW