These are the chat types used by SendChatMessage("msg" [,"type" [,"lang" [,"channel"] ] ]).
- Speech to nearby players (/say).
- Text emote to nearby players (/em) (Use DoEmote("action") for voice emotes)
- Yell to not so nearby players (/yell).
- Message to party members (/p)
- Message to guild members (/g)
- Message to guild officers (/o)
- Message to raid members (/raid)
- Warning to raid members (/rw)
- Message to battleground instance group (/i)
- Message to battleground raid group (/bg)
- Message to a specific other player (/whisper) - Player name provided as channel.
- Message to a specific chat channel (/1,/2,...) - Channel number provided as channel
- Not a real channel; sets your AFK message to the message you send. Send an empty message to clear AFK status.
- Not a real channel; sets your DND message to the message you send. Send an empty message to clear DND status.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.