This CVar controls the view distance of the environment. Manually increasing this CVar beyond the maximum value may cause the client to crash (Error 132).
This CVar accepts a range of values from 185 to 1250 via in-game video options.
- 0 - minimum farclip distance when set manually (world is not rendered at this setting)
- 185 - minimum farclip distance
- 1250 - maximum farclip distance
- 4000 - maximum farclip distance when set manually (possible higher, the cvar doesn't cap)
Changing this setting
In-game, type the following
/console farclip setting
Alternatively, you can exit wow, open the Config.wtf file, and add the following line:
SET farclip setting
- patch 1.1.0 - Added
- patch 3.0.2 - Max value increased from 777 to 1277
- patch 4.0.1 - Min value decreased to 0, possible higher Max value
- patch 6.2.0 - Working in WoD Patch 6.2. While the value can be changed, the maximum cap appears to remain 1300 of noticeable difference.
- patch 7.0.3 - Legion Max Value increased from 1300 to 4000