This CVar controls the view distance of the environment. Manually increasing this CVar beyond the maximum value may cause the client to crash (Error 132).
Default Setting Edit
Possible Settings Edit
This CVar accepts a range of values from 185 to 1250 via in-game video options.
- 0 - minimum farclip distance when set manually (world is not rendered at this setting)
- 185 - minimum farclip distance
- 1250 - maximum farclip distance
- 4000 - maximum farclip distance when set manually (possible higher, the cvar doesn't cap)
Changing this setting Edit
In-game, type the following
/console farclip setting
Alternatively, you can exit wow, open the Config.wtf file, and add the following line:
SET farclip setting
- patch 1.1.0 - Added
- patch 3.0.2 - Max value increased from 777 to 1277
- patch 4.0.1 - Min value decreased to 0, possible higher Max value
- patch 6.2.0 - Working in WoD Patch 6.2. While the value can be changed, the maximum cap appears to remain 1300 of noticeable difference.
- patch 7.0.3 - Legion Max Value increased from 1300 to 4000