AddOn Studio for Solar2D is an app development environment for Solar2D, formerly Corona SDK, and features a modern sophisticated IDE, a Lua editor, project based file and resource management, with support for SVN and Git repositories. This page describes the overall history of AddOn Studio.
AddOn Studio for Solar2D includes:
- Modern Lua editing and project management
- Integrated SCC with SVN and Git
- Real-time 'IntelliSense' style tooltips and code completion
- Solar2D app deploy to simulation features
- Solar2D compatible Lua snippet test runtime
- Solar2D Lua and Widget and API documentation
- and more...
For Solar2D and Corona SDK
- AddOn Studio 2015 for Solar2D
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015, and is not yet available.
- AddOn Studio 2010 for Solar2D
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, and is not yet available.
For World of Warcraft
- AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft is a version of AddOn Studio for the Blizzard game World of Warcraft, and has been available since 2005. See AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015, internally version 4.0, and has been available since late 2016, with support for new versions of WoW. This is a currently maintained edition.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, internally version 3.0, and has been available since late 2010, with support for new versions of WoW. This is a currently maintained edition.
- AddOn Studio for WildStar is a version of AddOn Studio for the Carbine Studios game WildStar, and has been available since 2017. See AddOn Studio for WildStar
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015 and has been available since early 2017.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, internally version 3.0, and has been available for WildStar since early 2017.
- Form Engadget , //www.engadget.com/2007/12/17/addon-studio-for-wow/
For a big chunk of the gaming population, AddOns are mysterious things you download and hope will run. But for many talented people, they're an opportunity to help the community and make things easier for the rest of us. [...]
Specifically, AddOn Studio will provide an interface that allows AddOn creators to build in familiar surroundings. You'll also have the ability to auto-generate items like the table of contents or lua events. Error checking for FrameXML and Lua parsing also helps to speed the AddOn process up. Likewise, they have included Ace2 templates so you can still tap into one of the most commonly used AddOn libraries and updater systems. [...]
- AddOn Studio for WoW, Marcie Knox, 2007-12-17, Engadget, .