Retrieve info about a certain debuff on a certain unit. This is essentially an alias of UnitAura with the "HARMFUL" filter applied.
name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable, shouldConsolidate, spellId = UnitDebuff("unit", index or ["name", "rank"][, "filter"])
Arguments[edit | edit source]
- String - The unit you want debuff information for.
- index or name
- Number or string - The index or name of the debuff to retrieve information for. Indices range from 1 to 40.
- Boolean - (optional) - If 1, only debuffs removable by player will be returned; debuffIndex still begins at 1.
Returns[edit | edit source]
- String - The name of the spell or effect of the debuff, or nil if no debuff was found with the specified name or at the specified index. This is the name shown in yellow when you mouse over the icon.
- String - The rank of the spell or effect that caused the debuff. Returns "" if there is no rank.
- String - The identifier of (path and filename to) the indicated debuff, or nil if no debuff
- Number - The number of times the debuff has been applied to the target. Returns 0 for any debuff which doesn't stack. ( Changed in 1.11 ).
- String - The type of the debuff: Magic, Disease, Poison, Curse, or nothing for those with out a type.
- Number - The full duration of the debuff in seconds; nil if the debuff was not cast by the player.
- Number - Time at which the debuff expires (GetTime() as a reference frame).
- String - unitId reference to the unit that cast the buff/debuff.
- Boolean - 1 if it is stealable otherwise nil
- Boolean - 1 if the buff should be placed in a buff consolidation box (usually long-term effects).
- Number - spell ID of the aura.
Example[edit | edit source]
Retrieves the name, rank and icon texture of the first debuff on the player's pet:
name, rank, texture = UnitDebuff("pet", 1);
Macros[edit | edit source]
Macro to print a list of the target's debuffs:
/run for i=1,40 do local D= UnitDebuff("target",i); if D then print(i.."="..D) end end
Notes[edit | edit source]
- UnitDebuff and other UnitAura-based queries may not be accurate immediately after casting a spells that applies an aura to its target.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 1.9 introduced the removable argument.
- Patch 2.0 extended the maximum number of debuffs to 40 (from 16).
- Patch 2.0 introduced name and rank return values.
- Patch 2.1 introduced duration and timeLeft return values.
- Patch 3.0 changes this into an alias of UnitAura; durations are now available for all debuffs.
- Patch 3.1 changed "isMine" to "unitCaster". It is now possible for addons to retrieve the unitId that cast the buff/debuff.