→ WoW API
Plays the given mp3 file.
Parameters[edit | edit source]
Arguments[edit | edit source]
- String - path to a MP3 file. You can refer to both files in WoW's MPQs, or your own music files in your addon's directory.
Example[edit | edit source]
Result[edit | edit source]
Current music fades out, login or custom music plays.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You cannot pause the playback, but you can stop it with StopMusic().
- You cannot use this function to play custom MP3 files located outside an addon's directory.
- To play MP3 files that were added to an addon's directory after WoW has been launched you will first have to restart the game client.
- If any of the built-in music is playing when you call this function (e.g. Stormwind background music), it will fade out.
- (Verified): since World of Warcraft uses the FMOD sound engine, it is very likely that other file formats than mp3 are supported. For example OggVorbis (.ogg).
- The playback loops until it is stopped with StopMusic().
- For some reason, during most (but not all) raid encounters the music played will suddenly stop.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.