The global array ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS is a set of item quality colors, used to color the item name any place it appears.
Each ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS element returns a table with the same values as API GetItemQualityColor. The keys and values of this table are:
- r (number) - red component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- g (number) - green component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- b (number) - blue component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- hex (string) - a full WoW text color hex string, like 'c|ffcc00ff'. See UI escape sequence
- 0 - Poor
- 1 - Common
- 2 - Uncommon
- 3 - Rare
- 4 - Epic
- 5 - Legendary
- 6 - Artifact
- 7 - Heirloom
- 8 - WoW Token
You can refer to them using ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS[n], where 'n' is the quality number. The "description" of the item is given using the constant ITEM_QUALITYX_DESC, where 'X' is the quality number, which will be localized. The NUM_ITEM_QUALITIES global variable holds the count of ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS.
- Patch 3.0.2 introduced quality 7 (Heirloom), but neither
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORSexist as of Patch 3.0.3.
- In Patch 3.1.1 it seems
ITEM_QUALITY7_DESCis defined as "Heirloom," however
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORSstill does not exist, however
GetItemQualityColor(7)does return the correct colors.
- As of Patch 5.3.0,
NUM_ITEM_QUALITIESboth go to 7.
- Patch 6.1.2 added quality 8 aqua cyan for WoW Token.
- As of Patch 7.0.3, purportedly the Heirloom color for
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORShas changed from Heirloom
#e6cc80; the leading
ffis probably for alpha) to Heirloom
#00ccff). As of current released trial version Patch 6.2.4 on this 2nd day of July, 2016, the value is still
ffe6cc80. The color change can be also seen at
BAG_ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS, but also doesn't show up in-game as of Patch 7.0.3hotfix15.
- Items (Heirloom only). Legion Wowhead. Retrieved on 2016-06-30.