Retrieves information about a person on your friends list.
name, level, class, area, connected, status, note = GetFriendInfo(friendIndex);
Parameters[edit | edit source]
Arguments[edit | edit source]
- Integer - Index of friend in the friend list (Note that status changes can re-order the friend list, indexes are not guaranteed to remain stable across events) (Also note that index should not be greater than 50 [see Notes]).
Returns[edit | edit source]
- String - Friend's name, or nil (if index is invalid)
- Integer - Friend's level, or 0 (if offline/invalid).
- String - Friend's class, or "Unknown" (if offline/invalid).
- String - Friend's current location, or "Unknown" (if offline/invalid).
- Boolean - 1 if friend is online, nil otherwise.
- String - Friend's current status flags (AFK or DND).
- String - Friend's note.
Example[edit | edit source]
This example is pre-2.4 and thus doesn't utilize the friend note.
local name, level, class, loc, connected, status = GetFriendInfo(1); if (name) then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Your "..status.." friend "..name.." (The level "..level.." "..class..") is in "..loc.."."); else DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("You have no friends?!"); end
Result[edit | edit source]
Your <AFK> friend Bill (The level 99 Leprechaun) is in Neverland.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Friend information isn't necessarily automatically kept up to date. You can use the ShowFriends function to request an update from the server.
Do not use indexes greater than 50 (the maximum number of friend list entries)!
With some AddOns installed the client may crash after typing "/script GetFriendInfo(51)" (especially if FlagRSP is activated).
This crash leads to ERROR #132 (memory could not be "read").
Please use GetNumFriends() to iterate over all indexes securely.